Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RP Treatments
12-27-2012, 04:02 AM
Question RP Treatments
As far as I know, vitamin A is the only treatment that could slow down RP for some people. There is no cure for RP at this time. But I think most doctors are very conservative and some doctors have the “not invented here” mentality, thus they would not suggest anything other than vitamin A. Are you trying anything else for your RP? Please share your experience here. I especially like to hear about this topic from people in other countries.

Kato and GuideDog Maddie
Coping With Low Vision the S.O.S Way
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2012, 04:39 AM
RE: RP Treatments
I used Retinalamin. International name: The polypeptides of the retina cattle.

Quote:Pharmacological action:

-has stimulating effect on photoreceptors and cellular elements of a retina;

-promotes improvement of functional interaction of a pigment epithelium and external segments of photoreceptors at dystrophic changes;

-accelerates restoration of light sensitivity of a retina;

it is difficult to me to judge efficiency of this preparation as I used it 3 times only
Find all posts by this user
12-27-2012, 04:49 AM
I have a cocktail of Lutein, Betacarotene and Omega-3 on a daily basis. I have read about using TUDCA, but have not experimented with it yet.
12-27-2012, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2012 11:56 PM by WiseOldMan.)
Thanks to forum like this, I learned something new today. This is the first time I learned about Retinalamin and TUDCA.
I was surprised to learned that TUDCA is a man made bear bile, and is based on Traditional Chinese Medicine. I got to ask a TCM
doctor next time we visit New York City Chinatown. I found this article very informative.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles...ool=pubmed

Kato and GuideDog Maddie
Coping With Low Vision the S.O.S Way
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-27-2012, 04:50 PM
In fact, I take no measures to preserve my sight. RP is a complicated problem. All I can do is to keep a good mode, never stay up, exercise regularly and massage my eyes.
My fellow RPs in China, some of them go to acupuncture, take Chinese herb medicine and some vitamin as well.